WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE DER TRAINING FOR USCG COURSE?
- A comprehensive online training program consisting of videos, documents, resources, and guides
- Online exam
- Same-day certificate issuance (printable online)
DER TRAINING FOR USCG COURSE OBJECTIVES
- Successful Designated Employer Representative (DER) learners will be able to manage a drug and alcohol-free workplace policy within their organization including providing the necessary training to employees and making determinations of when to test and when a refusal should be determined.
- Successful students will be able to express an understanding of industry terms and the protocols involved with the DOT and USCG regulations by completing an online quiz with 75% or greater proficiency.
HOW IS STUDENT PROFICIENCY ASSESSED?
This course includes formal assessment techniques with quantitative strategies. Course exams utilizing a number of random questions taken from a larger question pool assess the understanding of key terms and concepts within the curriculum as well as the learner’s preparedness for a variety of real-world scenarios.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM THE DER TRAINING FOR USCG COURSE?
- Designated Employer Representatives (DERs) and Program Managers
- Human Resource Professionals
- Human Resource Managers
- Business Owners
- Safety Officers
- Vessel Supervisors
- Merchant Mariners
- Contracting Officer’s Representatives (CORs)
- Compliance Officers
WHY SHOULD I TAKE THE DER TRAINING FOR USCG COURSE?
- The United States Department of Transportation requires that covered organizations designate one individual with the responsibility to make formal decisions regarding the drug and alcohol testing program. This person is called the Designated Employer Representative and he or she is tasked with a need for intimate familiarity with the applicable regulations in order to ensure that the marine employer’s decisions comply with federal law. This course will prepare the DER to fulfill this role with all of the knowledge and tools necessary to perform this function proficiently.
- Trained DERs are more likely to avoid making costly mistakes resulting in fines, penalties, and/or employee lawsuits,
- Work at your own pace: whether you are starting your own business or enhancing an existing career in the industry, time is hard to come by. Work on your time and at your own pace.
MATERIALS NECESSARY FOR COURSE COMPLETION
Learners will need access to a computer with reliable internet access. The computer must be able to play video. Our videos are optimized for FlashPlayer.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO COMPLETE THE DER TRAINING FOR USCG COURSE ?
This course may take longer or shorter to complete depending on student pace, reading, and comprehension level. Here is a breakdown of the average time for this course:
- DER Training Course for USCG (2 hours)
USCG Designated Employer Representative (DER) Training Course
Learn how to administer a drug & alcohol-free workplace for marine employers with our DER Training for USCG regulated by the United States Coast Guard.
Course Provider: Organization
Course Provider Name: Easler Education Inc.
Course Provider URL: https://drugtestingcourses.com