WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE?
- Comprehensive online training program consisting of videos, documents, and resources
- Online exam with five attempts before needing a manual reset (no need to pay again if you fail)
- Virtual Mock Demonstrations (Mocks) conducted via webcam
- All materials necessary to complete mocks including split specimen collection cups and sample forms
- Same-day certificate issuance (printable online)
- Collector Support®: get questions answered by our expert instructors; we’re just one email or call away
- Automatic content updates so you know you will always have the accurate information
- A GUIDE TO FEDERAL REGULATIONS ON DRUG & ALCOHOL TESTING: Required Regulations and Pro Tips From Acclaimed Trainer Andrew Easler
- Successful students will be able to express an understanding of industry terms and the protocols involved by completing an online quiz with 75% or greater proficiency.
- Successful students will be able to conduct collections according to the relevant protocols for the testing modality when provided with relevant and dynamic collection scenarios with a 100% proficiency.
HOW IS STUDENT PROFICIENCY ASSESSED?
This course includes both informal and formal assessment techniques including quantitative and qualitative strategies. Course exams utilizing a number of random questions taken from a larger question pool assess the understanding of key terms and concepts within the curricula while the mock collection (mocks) provide a summative and qualitative assessment through demonstrations designed to assess students’ preparedness for a variety of real-world scenarios.
THIS COURSE PACKAGE IS PERFECT FOR:
- New collectors
- Collectors needing refresher training
- Business owners
- Medical Assistants
- Laboratory Technicians
- Substance Abuse Professionals (SAPs)
- Designated Employer Representatives (DERs)
- Mental/Behavioral Health Professionals
- Occupational Medicine Physicians and Professionals
WHY SHOULD I TAKE THIS COURSE?
- According to surveys from GlassDoor.com, the average Drug Testing Collector earns approximately $36,000 per year
- Clients needing only one service may return for a different service if they know you are capable and certified
- Companies are more willing to sign long-term contracts for services with companies who can service their every testing and pre-employment need
- Work at your own pace: whether you are starting your own business or enhancing an existing career in the industry, time is hard to come by
MATERIALS NECESSARY FOR COURSE COMPLETION
Students will need access to a computer with a webcam and reliable internet access. All other materials will be sent directly to the student including supplies and forms necessary for demonstrations.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO COMPLETE THIS COURSE?
This course may take longer or shorter to complete depending on student pace, reading, and comprehension level. Here is a breakdown of the average time students take to complete this course:
- DOT Urine Specimen Collector Course: Approximately 8-10 hours including mocks