The United States Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) mandates (under 29 CFR § 1910.1030) that individuals in positions with a risk of occupational exposure to bloodborne and other pathogens be trained annually in order to stem preventable exposure to dangerous pathogens at work. In addition to improving safety, morale, and efficiency in the workplace, violation of this training requirement can lead to penalties up to $13,494 per violation.
Our training includes valuable insight into understanding how diseases and other pathogens can be transmitted, how transmission can be prevented through best practices and the use of appropriate personal protective equipment, and how to implement remedial and monitoring measures for post-pathogen exposure.
Why should you take our courses?
- Our course credits never expire. Individuals can take as long as they need to complete the course.
- Certificates are valid for one year following the completion of the course.
- Courses include downloadable reference materials, videos, knowledge checks, and a final assessment to ensure curriculum retention.
- Train-the-Trainer courses allow for course customization and the inclusion of the site-specific Exposure Control Plans.
- Manager accounts allow supervisors, safety officers, and human resource professionals to send, amend, and rescind course invitations, monitor course progress, and download completion certificates for managed users.