Are you interested in specimen collector training for DOT/NON-DOT? If so, we have highly-rated collector training courses that will meet the training requirements in order to be qualified for DOT urine collection and DOT breath alcohol testing under the 49 CFR Part 40.
If you’re looking to conduct instant testing for individuals not regulated under the DOT, we offer NON-DOT collector training courses that provide training in state-specific laws and regulations.
What the difference between DOT and NON-DOT Drug Testing?
DOT = Federal Laws & Regulations: Collector courses with “DOT”, (Department of Transportation) are for collectors who are required to perform drug and alcohol testing individuals regulated under the following agencies:
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) – 49 CFR Part 382
- Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) – 49 CFR Part 219
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) – 14 CFR Part 120
- Federal Transit Administration (FTA) – 49 CFR Part 655
- Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) – 49 CFR Part 199
- United States Coast Guard (USCG) – 46 CFR Parts 4, 5, and 16
Collectors who enroll in a DOT course will learn the safety and security protocols necessary to complete a urine specimen collection in accordance with DOT guidelines in addition to the learning industry best practices.
NON-DOT = State Laws & Regulations: Depending on the laws of the state, collector courses with “NON-DOT” are for collectors who would like to perform drug and alcohol testing on individuals who are not regulated by the DOT. A NON-DOT course will cover a variety of topics and testing methods including point of collection testing (POCT), collect-only, direct observation, shy bladder, and laboratory confirmation procedures, and will also compare Preliminary Results Forms and Chain of Custody Forms (CCFs).
- Factory and manufacturing workers
- Warehouse workers including forklift and heavy machine operators
- Drivers and operators of any equipment or vehicles which involve a risk of harm to property or persons
- Individuals working with vulnerable populations including the infirmed, developmentally challenged, children, or the elderly
- Paramedics, firefighters, law enforcement, and other public employees
- Any other positions not-federally regulated as designated necessary by the employer to be a part of a drug-free workplace program.
If you are unsure what courses you require please contact us at 1-888-390-5574.
DOT Breath Alcohol Technician Training – All Models$595.00 ENROLL NOWMore info
DOT Urine Specimen Collector Training$495.00 ENROLL NOWMore info
DOT Alcohol Screening Test Technician (STT) Training$395.00 ENROLL NOWMore info
DNA Specimen Collector Training$395.00 ENROLL NOWMore info
NON-DOT Saliva/Oral Fluid Specimen Collector Training$395.00 ENROLL NOWMore info
Non-DOT Urine Specimen Collector Training$395.00 ENROLL NOWMore info
Hair Specimen Collector Training$395.00 ENROLL NOWMore info
VERIFIED SPECIMEN COLLECTOR APPLICATION
$99.00ENROLL NOWMore info